As you may have noticed, I talk a lot on this blog about the Law of Assumption, a law that was popularised by the New Thought philosopher Neville Goddard’s work which is kind of an alternative to the Law of Attraction (it’s basically the same law but it’s presented differently and it uses some different techniques from the Law of Attraction or ‘the Secret’.)
2 years ago I discovered the Law of Assumption because I had a serious health issue. I am not going to say what it is in this article but if you want the full details you can go here to read the backstory of what I was dealing with at the time.
So this month (November 2023) marks 2 years of my journey in healing and restoring my health.
Here are the changes have I seen in my health during the last 2 years:
- I no longer have seasonal affective disorder and I haven’t had it for the last 2 winters (I had it for 22 years prior to discovering the Law of Assumption)
- I no longer suffer from depression or have any depressive symptoms (that’s not to say I don’t ever get sad, it’s just that now these emotions pass through me and then I revert back to a state of inner peace and being OK)
- I am asymptomatic in the dis-ease I detailed here (I don’t know if I’m in remission yet because I haven’t tested my blood in a while.) If any symptoms do occasionally crop up, I change my emotional and mental state through affirmations, visualisations and who I am “being” as I move through my day, and symptoms, such as any pain or autoimmunity-related fatigue, melt away on the spot as I’m doing these things. It sounds miraculous but I’m not kidding!
- I no longer suffer from C-PTSD
- I no longer get any symptoms of environmental allergies (I was extremely allergic to wattle and silver birch trees in the past and had to move out of the Marlborough, NZ area in 2015 because my allergies were so severe 10 months of the year in that place.)
- I’m at my ideal weight and have hardly any belly fat. I am metabolically healthy, my blood sugar is stable and don’t get ‘hangry’ if I miss a meal
- I no longer get the severe, inhaler-resistant post-viral asthma that used to land me in the ER on a nebuliser machine after I had a virus. Instead I take a few puffs of the blue inhaler following a virus and that does the trick. I don’t need the inhaler the rest of the time and I no longer need oral steroids for asthma
- My peak flow has increased by 50 points
- I don’t go into anaphylactic shock anymore
- I don’t suffer from chronic bronchitis or chest infections after a virus anymore like I used to
- I hardly ever get colds or viruses
- I’ve seen a lessening of DSPS, my sleep pattern is so much more consistent, and I’m getting up earlier than I used to
- I don’t have the on-and-off acne problems anymore that I used to get
- My gut health and digestion are now very good and I have no symptoms of ‘leaky gut’.
However, I still have certain physical restrictions that I impose on myself for my wellbeing. I still don’t go out in the sun much and in the height of summer I don’t go out in it at all. I also don’t consume alcohol, gluten, refined sugar or caffeine. I know that these restrictions will disappear at some point, as I progress in my journey.
But overall I’m extremely happy with the changes I’ve seen. My health is pretty good – better than it has been in decades. After not being able to work for some of 2021-2022, I have enough energy to work part time in my business. I spend the rest of my day taking great care of myself through cooking, eating good food, taking walks, and meditation.
All of the above has been achieved without the use of pharmaceutical drugs.
(A couple more notes: Soon after I started experiencing the ‘dis-ease’ I referred to above, there was some doubt cast by my integrative rheumatologist as to whether I was dealing with a temporary (drug-induced) version of it, or whether I had the long-lasting form of the dis-ease. Testing later showed I appeared to have the chronic form.
Note that I use the word ‘dis-ease’ here because I believe the roots of the issue were in the mind and the spirit, in that I was embodying a state for many years that was a state of ‘dis-ease’ – not being at ease with myself or the world, and this manifested in my physical body.)
Why I’m sharing this with you
I have had some Law of Assumption coaching clients who got a session with me because they wanted to heal a long-time health issue, and they have asked questions like: what can I expect when manifesting for health? I wanted to write this article to be transparent about what the journey can sometimes look like when you’re bringing your health back from the brink and creating massive changes.
With this article, I’m not suggesting that anyone take the same health measures that I have. I believe that good health comes from the mind-body connection above all. I believe that if you manifest health, the measures that you need which will improve your health will just appear in your reality and seem like good options to take. So, that’s why I’m not recommending anyone do the same things I did.
The main reason I am writing this is to be really transparent about what manifesting better health and the subsequent bridge of incidents can actually look like in practice. It does contain quite a bit of what would normally be private info, but I’ve decided to be open and share it in case it helps others.
I also want to dispel the myth that when we manifest better health and we’re starting that process from a bad place, we tend to just miraculously wake up one day with all our health issues gone. I do believe in miracles for sure (and I’ve experienced many ‘mini miracles’ along the way that propelled me along my path) but the scenario where things change overnight hasn’t been the case for me so far.
(Just a heads up also that this article contains an overwhelming amount of information, and may be quite boring for anyone who isn’t manifesting big health changes. When I was sick I threw the kitchen sink at the problem and I think some of the measures I took were probably unnecessary. So if you read the rest of the article and you get discouraged because you think you need to do all.the.things., don’t be discouraged – this is just an honest review of my journey but doesn’t mean you need to throw the kitchen sink at your issue the way I did – in fact, I don’t recommend that at all.)
OK, so let’s go back to the beginning.
In November 2021 I was ill in a variety of frightening and life-limiting ways and I knew I was on a downward spiral if I didn’t make a change.
The first thing I did was go on the Wahls Protocol for autoimmunity, which was a really solid way to kickstart the process of healing. I’m not on that anymore but I was on it for a while.
Then I did the DNRS program, which is a program for creating better health through the principles of the Law of Assumption. All of the principles of LOA are in there, except the person who created that program doesn’t present the program as a spiritual teaching, which I think is really clever, because people of all faiths who would be put off by the LOA get to do this program.
Instead the founder of this program presents the science behind the principles, and how they help improve health. Yes, the Law of Assumption is backed by scientific principles and if you do the DNRS program, or read Candace Pert’s book Molecules of Emotion or Bruce Lipton’s book The Biology of Belief, you will learn how.
I’ve been doing the DNRS program on and off for 2 years. This program (and by extension the Law of Assumption principles it is based on) was what helped me to kick depression, SAD and C-PTSD. This program also helps with other health conditions. Please note that I am not an affiliate of this program. (I am only mentioning it because I did it, I love it and it’s amazing for creating changes in your health.)
I then took other health measures that came to me as ideas. I am not sure if all of them were necessary and part of the bridge of incidents, because at this point in my recovery I was trying really hard and throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall to see what stuck.
Here’s what I did next:
- I came to the conclusion that Big Pharma probably didn’t have my best interests at heart. I wasn’t too aware of this before, but I read extensively about it and as a result I decided I was going to come off the antidepressant I’d been on for 2 years, because it artificially raises serotonin. There is evidence this raise in serotonin may over-stimulate the immune system, which was not helpful in my particular situation.
- I also decided I wouldn’t be taking any disease-modifying medications unless I was dying or in grave danger of organ damage. (This is something my inner teachers and guides were very clear about.)
- Similarly, I got rid of the IUD I had, because according to research presented by the American College of Rheumatology, there was some evidence that there was a connection between IUD devices and the onset of autoimmunity involving the joints. I didn’t know if this was a factor for me, but I decided to get rid of it anyway.
- I started eating mostly organic food – everything I could buy organic, I bought organic (this wasn’t a big change for me since I already ate some organic food)
- I bought the best water filter money could buy and started using it
- I got a shower filter
- I reduced toxins with my cleaning products, toiletries and items in my house (although I was pretty aware of this, prior to this time and I didn’t have a lot of items to get rid of)
- I started reducing my exposure to EMFs by switching off my internet or phone when I wasn’t using them
- I threw out most of the synthetic fibres in my home (especially the items in or on my bed) which contained suspected carcinogens and I favoured natural fibres
- I became interested in biofilm and their probable role in the dis-ease I was dealing with. I started taking the biofilm-buster serrapeptase and various herbs. I took high dose serrapeptase for breaking down biofilm for around 18 months.
- I faced up to the fact that I had a years-long, out of control chocolate and sugar addiction and I cut it out of my life for the most part (it took me around a year to kick the addiction and stop bingeing on chocolate. I now occasionally have a piece of chocolate – maybe once a month.)
- I walked for 15-60 mins every day – no matter how tired or symptomatic I was, I did at least 15 mins of walking
- I started being more disciplined about restricting light by switching off all lights (and only using salt lamps) and by turning off devices or using blue-light blocking glasses after 10.30pm, since blue light blocks the production of melatonin, which is a hormone essential for staying healthy
- A very kind reader of this blog offered to give me distance Craniosacral therapy to support my healing so I had some Craniosacral sessions around that time, too.
I also started doing Dr Joe Dispenza’s guided meditations daily. I haven’t been consistent with this (I go through phases where I’ll do them everyday for a few months and then I’ll have a break). I think these meditations are really powerful for improving health, because similar to the DNRS program, they take your body out of a fight/flight or stress state and into a state of growth and repair, which is necessary for healing.
I also did 9 months of acupuncture and was told I had a “yang deficiency” which was at the root cause of the dis- ease (more on that later.)
OK, by this point I was ready for bigger life interventions…
…and whatever my higher self needed to do, in order for me to heal, I was ready for. And so bigger life changes started to unfold that were taking me towards a deeper level of healing.
I said goodbye to family members who were triggering huge stress for me. I distanced myself from a couple and cut others out altogether.
I lost a few friendships that weren’t serving me or had slightly toxic or draining dynamics.
A hobby I had and the community connected to it (both of which weren’t really serving me anymore) were cut out.
I moved out of a toxic living situation that was causing chronic stress.
I became someone a bit different. I became more assertive. I started defending my boundaries vigorously where I’d let them slide before.
For the most part, I lost the subtle but lifelong underlying “victim mentality” that I was carrying in my psyche.
I had been a “freezer” in the past (I used to often freeze in stressful situations) and that stopped happening – instead I started to fight and stand up for myself.
A bunch of things had to happen in my life that looked like negative events, to teach me these lessons. That was all parts of the bridge of incidents and it was painful at the time, but I now see these things as big blessings in disguise.
My self-love increased massively.
I healed my past and I healed the break in my heart that had been there since childhood or perhaps before I even came into this life, and much of this healing came via mystical experiences through Dr Joe Dispenza’s work.
I did so many of the free coherence healings that are offered by Dr Joe Dispenza’s students, over a period of 18 months and these resulted in big emotional healings.
I also had mystical experiences while meditating with Joe Dispenza’s meditations, including one where I was visited by an unmistakable spiritual presence that I believed to be Jesus. While this was happening in the meditation and I was communing with the beautiful energy I recognised as Ascended Master Jesus, someone sliced open my neck and I felt a hand that went into my neck and squelched about, doing something in there. It was frankly one of the weirdest experiences of my life and I still don’t know why a spiritual being was messing around with whatever is inside my neck.
When I came away from each of these experiences, my health got a bit better overnight.
I used Neville Goddard’s revision technique to revise 100+ negative memories from the first 17 years of my life (and I believe this also helped a lot.)
OK, now onto the intervention which was possibly the biggest part of my bridge of incidents.
Through coming off the antidepressant I was on, I had terrible withdrawal symptoms for about 4 months and I discovered the work of Dr Kelly Brogan, who is an apparently discredited psychiatrist who uses natural health measures to help people to come off psych medications. Wikipedia and other health websites online don’t like her and say she’s a conspiracy theorist and a quack.
I used her book ‘A Mind of Your Own’ to help me drastically reduce the withdrawal symptoms. The measures in it really worked. I was suffering a lot at the time and I was very grateful.
I learned that she trained with Dr Nicolas Gonzalez, another medical doctor who was once a conventional oncologist but started treating cancer patients with alternative methods that he learned with Dr William Kelly, who took the research of Drs. Henry Beard, Francis Pottenger and Ernst Gellhorn and put that into practice with his patients. Dr William Kelly had pancreatic cancer and used alternative methods based on the aforementioned research to shrink his tumour and live several decades after he was diagnosed — an outcome that was virtually unheard of in conventional cancer care.
Dr Nicolas Gonzalez took care of many pancreatic cancer patients who had similar miraculous recoveries using these alternative methods.
Dr Gonzalez also had a protocol for other dis-eases, including the one I was dealing with. The dis-ease I was dealing with was one that, according to Dr Gonzalez (and the research of Drs Pottenger and Gellhorn), was caused by over-activation of the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system (which appears to correspond to the yang deficiency in Chinese medicine.)
According to Dr Gonzalez, diseases related to the over-activation of the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system include: allergies, eczema, depression, chronic fatigue, autoimmunity, asthma and chronic bronchitis/chest infections. I had had all of these.
This is the intervention that has brought the biggest leap forward for me. The protocol involves taking large doses of pancreatic enzymes (which modulate the immune system and bust bio-films), certain nutrients that stimulate the sympathetic nervous system, helping to bring the parasympathetic branch back into balance. It also involves glandulars and a diet that is specially designed for parasympathetic over-activation. And it involves detoxification methods which have been invaluable for me and seemed to bring life back into me, bit by bit.
When I started using this protocol, my leap forward happened.
Interestingly, using this protocol is one of the things that allowed me to stop ‘freezing’ in stressful situations (which is how over-activation of the parasympathetic nervous system manifests) and I started to fight and stand up for myself more (when the sympathetic branch of my nervous system was being stimulated through the protocol.)
The endgame of this protocol is to bring the nervous system back into balance and then the measures are no longer needed.
I found this protocol by accident, as often happens when you’re on your bridge of incidents. I didn’t go looking for it.
If you’re interested in these ideas, you can watch Dr Gonzalez give a presentation here or find his website by searching for “The Nicolas Gonzalez Foundation”. He’s deceased but there are practitioners of his methods worldwide.
As a final note, I also practised water fasting, which I believe helped my body to rejuvenate. I fast completely for 36-48 hours every month. I also did two long water fasts of 7 days and 12 days which helped me (a chronic but minor dental issue that I had disappeared permanently following these fasts.)
A Blessing in Disguise
I am so grateful for the appearance of this dis-ease in my life. If it hadn’t shown up, I probably wouldn’t have discovered the Law of Assumption or been forced to test it out. I wouldn’t have had this opportunity to heal my heart, and to make long overdue changes to my emotional life and behaviours. I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to become someone new — the person I always wanted to be. I have conquered fear and trauma and I now know myself to be the creator of my life (or perhaps more accurately, the co-creator of my life, since I do believe my higher power or higher self is in control of how things manifest for me, and when.)
Just a note on timelines
I have consulted with several people who had naturally healed the issue I was dealing with, to find out more about what their process of natural healing looked like.
For many of them, I noticed that restoring their body took 3-7 years when done naturally and thoroughly and that the ones who didn’t heal fully had only used ‘matter to matter’ solutions like diet or lifestyle interventions. The ones who healed completely and fully with no further health issues after years of being healed, had either applied the Law of Attraction or The Law of Assumption, along with other lifestyle interventions. (In this article, I talk about how the Law of Assumption intersects with the other laws of nature such as the law of rhythm or natural cycles), and I do think this often applies to manifesting health.
Basically, if you have abused your body and been ill for 40 years, then don’t expect to get well in a weekend. It may take time to move to a reality where you have optimal health.
Also just a note that I believe the physical interventions that I am using – such as the Gonzalez Protocol – are not the answer (at least to the autoimmune dis-ease) on their own. If I drop the ball and enter an undesirable emotional state for an extended period of time (such as a return to feeling powerless or scared), the Gonzalez Protocol stops being so effective. Dr Gonzalez said that healing is 100% physical, 100% psychological and 100% spiritual. You may need all components to heal a serious health issue. If I remove the spiritual (manifesting) component which is allowing me to experience a physical shift with the Gonzalez Protocol, the results disappear. Therefore, the Gonzalez Protocol may simply be a ‘permission slip’ for me to move into a state of better health, although having said that, if I take that component away, I don’t do as well.
A final note also that the autoimmune ‘dis-ease’ I am in the process of shedding is something that can go into remission and then cause a relapse. Stress, in particular, can cause a relapse and the waxing and waning is all part of it. My (thankfully) very open-minded primary care physician has been impressed by the results I’ve had in changing my health, but it would perhaps not be viewed by some in the medical field as a special achievement that I’ve got so much better at this point in time, although I personally feel it IS a special achievement because of how ill I was 2 years ago and the fact that people tend not to get better or go into remission without pharmaceutical drugs. The other challenging health conditions that I’ve shed indicates that my health is on the up and up. This is the overall pattern I’m aiming for over time.
And the last thing I want to say is that it’s likely that some of what I did to create change in my health was unnecessary. As mentioned, I was throwing the kitchen sink at the problem, and that is why I did so much. The steps that I believe were necessary in my journey to get the results I’ve had were (1) DNRS, (2) Joe Dispenza’s meditations and coherence healings, (3) Revision (4) The Gonzalez Protocol and (5) Removing all pharm medications and interventions along with the conventional medical idea that the body is flawed and makes mistakes. I had to totally unhook myself from the philosophies that underpin the current medical model, which says that autoimmune dis-eases cannot be cured.